The resources on The Stérimar Academy website can act as triggers for your CPD.
For your convenience, a CPD Recording Form is provided for you to note down your reflections and actions whilst using the site. This can be saved onto your computer as evidence of your CPD and in readiness for logging your records onto the General Pharmaceutical website: www.uptodate.org.uk
Firstly, click here to read our educational module on colds and influenza.
Then consider the following questions to help you think about your learning and development:
Do I need to update my knowledge on the conditions of rhinitis, rhinosinusitis and rhinopharyngitis and what the current treatments are for them?
What is the difference between isotonic and hypertonic nasal solutions in the treatment and management of nasal congestion?
Are my staff and I aware of the benefits of the different Stérimar nasal sprays: how they can help alleviate nasal congestion symptoms, and when they can be recommended?
What resources on The Stérimar Academy can be used to update my clinical knowledge?
Research materials on this website that can be used to train my support staff
Set aside time to train support staff on the different symptoms of each type of rhinitis and be able to better differentiate between allergic rhinitis, rhinitis (common colds) and influenza
Research other materials such as magazine-based materials and programmes from CPPE
Use resources from The Stérimar Academy (such as magazine articles, factsheets and case studies) as a basis for a training session for your support staff
Discuss the different types of customers who could benefit from using Stérimar, including:
- A baby with nasal congestion who is not feeding or sleeping well
- A customer with nasal congestion who is taking prescribed medicines for blood pressure and therefore cannot use conventional products
- A customer with long-term sinusitis
- A pregnant woman with nasal congestion
- Visit the Asthma UK website for more information on this condition
- Use the clinical updates and case studies from The Stérimar Academy to refresh my knowledge on conditions such as rhinitis and sinusitis
- Read materials from CPPE on minor ailments and respiratory diseases
Consider the range of Stérimar products stocked in the pharmacy
Dual site Stérimar beside the cough and cold remedies behind the counter and on open display
Use POS effectively
Revisit The Stérimar Academy regularly to check for updates
Written by Lesley Johnson MRPharmS, Director of Education & Training at CIG Healthcare Partnership